Raw Chocolate Tarts
Frozen chocolate, peanut butter, banana tarts with a chocolate, nut, date crust.
These raw, no-bake, frozen tarts are super easy to make, healthy, and delicious. What more could you want!? For the crust, all you have to do it blend together nuts, dates and chocolate chips. You don't necessarily need the chocolate chips... but they're a must for chocolate lovers like me. For the filling, blend up some frozen bananas, peanut butter and cocoa powder. Place the filling over the tarts and freeze. See! It's so simple. If I could describe these tarts in one word it would be chocolatey. I hope you enjoy as much as I do!
Makes 6 medium tarts
For the crust:
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the filling:
- 2-3 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
For the peanut butter sauce (Optional):
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
For the chocolate sauce (Optional):
- Roughly 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Using a food processor or blender, chop the nuts, chocolate chips and cinnamon.
- Place nut mixture in silicone tart molds and pack it down. The crust should go about 1/4 to halfway up the mold, depending on how deep your molds are. You can also use muffin tins, lined with parchment paper or greased with olive oil.
- Blend together the bananas, peanut butter and cocoa powder until creamy.
- Add banana mixture to the tart molds filled with crust.
- Drizzle the chocolate and peanut butter sauce on top. Warning: the sauces freeze very quickly, so if you want to create a design with the sauces you must ask fast!
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. I like freezing over night and waking up in the morning to a sweet chocolatey breakfast :)