Makes about 40 patties
- 1/ 2 cup butter
- 3 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 peppermint candy canes, or a handful of peppermint candies, roughly chopped
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the half and half and peppermint extract.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Roll mixture into a 14 inch long roll, measuring about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap roll in parchment paper and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Prepare the chocolate by placing the chips in a small microwave safe dish.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir.
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds, then stir again until all chips are melted. If they need more time, microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Add the coconut oil to the chocolate and stir to combine.
- Once the peppermint roll is firm, remove from freezer and cut 1/4 inch thick patties.
- Dip each patty in the melted chocolate, place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then immediately top with the chopped candy canes.
*Store in the fridge or freezer