Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I just discovered coconut sugar which comes from the sap of the flower buds of the coconut palm. It's a healthier alternative to regular sugar and tastes almost like brown sugar. The caramel color makes this banana bread darker in appearance which I love and extra yummy!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mash 3 of the bananas.
- Add the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan,
- Slice the 4th banana lengthwise, into four pieces. Use the two inner slices to decorate top of the batter.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of coconut sugar over the top of the batter.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.